The U is not a race. It’s an experience…
Now in its fifth year, the three-day event (which takes place from 24 – 26 September) combines the finest handcrafted routes of the hallowed private Piket-Bo-Berg trail network. The riding is so sublime, that in some sections it’s almost impossible to comprehend how the trails were imagined, let alone crafted – over, through, between and under rocks to create a near perfect flow.
It’s not ONLY the riding for which riders return to this boutique stage race year after year. The U is an all-inclusive event. That’s right, all the premium additions in the race village are covered by the entry fee. That means (regardless of what accommodation option a rider chooses), they can leave their wallet at home.
Based around a picturesque lake-side race village, the three-day event showcases the natural beauty of the region’s mountains, paired with a premium lifestyle offering featuring gourmet food, drinks, services and facilities in an all-inclusive offering.
This year there are ONLY 200 spots available and of those not a whole lot are left, online entries close very soon.
Here’s what else is included:
- Custom Enjoy trail t-shirt, casual t-shirt and face mask
- Custom event SOX
- EPT Recovery massage on the Saturday and access to the recovery lounge
- Baristas serving any hot beverage of your choice
- Complimentary La Chouffe Beers and Belgian Beer Company beer tastings
- Hope Gin and Fitch & Leedes sunset cocktails on Friday and Saturday evening (including a Hope and Liefmans Fruitesse beer and gin cocktail)
- Cadence Nutrition during episode 1 & 2
- As much DAY Water as you need (sustainable canned water)
- Three Namgear bike washes
- A survival kit and parting gift
- Personalised number board and medal
- Powerful protein punch from Protein2Go
Riders also stand to win:
- R5000 as King and Queen of the Mountain in the Venturescapes Segment Challenge on the Saturday and the Sunday
- A new Santa Cruz Reserve Carbon Wheelset
- A year’s worth of MAXXIS TYRES
- One of two Smith Optics gift hampers which include a helmet and eyewear
Don’t miss out on this golden opportunity to get your stage-race fix for the year. What’s more, should the event be cancelled for reasons related to the lockdown restrictions, the good people at The U will refund your entry in full. For more information about The U visit the event website here and to enter online, visit the online entry page here.
Paid partnership with The U Stage Race