Burry “The Kid” Stander will always be remembered in the mountain bike world as a world-class competitor and wonderful person. We lost him, a teammate and dear friend, during a training ride on January 3, 2013. In his memory, Specialized will donate up to $50,000 from the sales of the Specialized Edition Burry Stander Epic to Burry’s beloved charity, www.songo.info.
Burry never had the chance to see his new Epic World Cup in completion, but we know he would have loved the dedicated single chainring and explosiveness of the World Cup frame, along with the more aggressive geometry. Just like Burry, this bike is all about going fast. The paint and graphics feature an African theme, while the South African flag and Stander’s personality are a permanent element of the design.
We will always remember Burry, and we hope the donations from these 150 Specialized Edition bikes will help make South Africa a safer place to ride bicycles.
• All-new FACT IS 11m full carbon frame with dedicated 29er World Cup geometry and full SWAT technology compatibility, sealed cartridge bearing pivots on every FSR point, and 142mm dropouts delivers the all-around fastest 95mm-travel Competitive XC bike.
• FOX/Specialized remote Mini-Brain inertia-valve shock with AUTOSAG, Kashima coating and new lighter 2014 tune to seamlessly transition from efficient pedaling on smooth terrain to fully active on rough terrain.
• Custom RockShox SID World Cup 29 fork with Specialized Brain inertia-valve damping has 95mm of air-sprung travel, a carbon steerer tube, and 15mm thru-axle to create the most efficient and supple cross-country fork available.
• Magura MT8 hydraulic disc brakes with a carbon master cylinder, carbon lever blade and reach adjust provide consistent and reliable stopping power.
• SRAM’s XX1 11-speed rear derailleur, shifter and cassette offer the pinnacle in high-performance XC racing componentry. The 1×11 design eliminates the front derailleur and shifter saving additional weight with a huge gear range.
• All-new, lighter and stiffer Specialized FACT OSBB, PF30, carbon crankset with a one piece spider/arm combo makes for the ultimate power transfer.
• Carbon hookless Roval Control SL 29 142+ wheelset, complete with 142+ spacing, DT Swiss spokes and internals, is insanely stiff, light and durable for greater control and quickness.
FRAME FACT 11m carbon front triangle, SWAT EMT tool cradle, 29”
World Cup geometry, FACT IS construction, full FACT carbon rear triangle, World Cup mega-chainstays, single ring only, tapered headtube, carbon PF30 BB, full internal shift/brake routing, 142mm dropouts, sealed cartridge bearing pivots, replaceable derailleur hanger, 95mm
SWAT Technology compatible (not included)
REAR SHOCK FOX/Specialized remote Mini-Brain w/ AUTOSAG, Kashima coating, inertia valve w/ Kevlar hose, Brain Fade adjust, 200x48mm, 95mm travel
FORK 2014 RS Sid WorldCup 29 Brain, 95mm travel, Top-Mount Brain Fade adj., Rebound adj, Solo Air spring, Tapered carbon crown/steerer, 15mm thru-axle
HEADSET 1-1/8 and 1-1/2” threadless, Campy style upper with 1-1/2” lower, cartridge bearings
STEM Syntace F109, 6-degree rise, 31.8mm clamp
HANDLEBARS S-Works XC, flat bar, carbon, 700mm wide, 8-degree back sweep, 31.8mm
GRIPS Specialized Sip Grip, light lock-on, half-waffle aramid-infused,
S/M: regular, Others: XL thickness
FRONT BRAKES Magura MT8, hydraulic disc, Hi Friction pad, alloy caliper, Storm
SL rotor, S/M: 160mm, L/XL: 180mm rotor
REAR BRAKES Magura MT8, hydraulic disc, Hi Friction pad, alloy caliper, Storm SL rotor, 160mm rotor
BRAKE LEVERS Magura MT8, carbon master cylinder/lever blade, hollow lever pivot, reach adj.
REAR DERAILLEUR SRAM XX1 Type 2, 11-speed
SHIFT LEVERS SRAM XX1, 11-speed, carbon/aluminum trigger, w/MatchMaker clamp
CASSETTE SRAM XX1, 11-speed, 10-42
CHAIN SRAM XX1, 11-speed, hollow plates/pins, PowerLink
CRANKSET S-Works OS carbon, integrated 1-piece spider, custom SRAM
XX1 chainring, S: 170mm, Others: 175mm
BOTTOM BRACKET PF30, OS press-in bearings, sealed cartridge
RIMS Roval Control SL 29, carbon disc, 22mm internal width, 24h/28h
FRONT HUB Roval Control SL 29, alloy hub body w/ Labyrinth design, 15mm
REAR HUB Roval Control SL 29 142+, DT Swiss Star Ratchet, XX1 driver body, 12mm thru-axle, 28h
FRONT TIRE S-Works Fast Trak, 2Bliss Ready, 29×2.0”, foldable aramid bead, 120 TPI
REAR TIRE S-Works Renegade, 2Bliss Ready, 29×2.0”, foldable aramid bead, 120 TPI
SADDLE Body Geometry Phenom Expert, hollow Ti rails, 143mm
SEATPOST Specialized carbon, single bolt, 30.9mm, S: 350mm, Others: 400mm
*All specs are subject to change without notice.
PART NO. MODEL COLOR SIZE
93414-0202 SW EPIC FSR CARBON WC 29 STANDER LTD S
93414-0203 SW EPIC FSR CARBON WC 29 STANDER LTD M
93414-0204 SW EPIC FSR CARBON WC 29 STANDER LTD L
93414-0205 SW EPIC FSR CARBON WC 29 STANDER LTD XL