Every time we ride our bikes, we’re travelling. Physically and emotionally, every ride removes us from our daily grind. Like a mini-holiday. But of course the real bonus is when we get to take our bicycles away to ride them somewhere else for a few days. Somewhere else in South Africa or somewhere else in the world…
Club Med and TREAD are interested in finding out more about the travel habits, patterns and desires of South African mountain bikers and road cyclists. Spend 4-5 minutes answering the questions in this survey, give us your email address at the end and stand to win one of two just-launched Garmin Edge 530 GPS units worth R5999 each!
What’s so special about the Garmin Edge 530? Well, in addition to a whole lot of new features over its predecessor, the Edge 520, it’s just been launched and is already creating a stir.
Some of the new features include:
- Increased battery life (from 15 hours to 20 hours)
- Increased screen size (by 13%)
- Significantly increased processor speed
- New WiFi connect option
- New ClimbPro – shows how much distance/elevation remains for each climb
- New MTB metrics – shows Grit, Flow and Jump data.
- New Trailforks maps already loaded to unit
- New ForkSight – shows MTB trail options ahead when you pause at a fork
- New Heat Acclimation – considers heat/humidity for performance/recovery metrics
- New Altitude Acclimation – considers altitude for performance/recovery metrics
- New Hydration/Nutrition Tracking – allows you to record food/drink consumption data
- New Hydration/Nutrition Alerts – recommends how many calories/water are/is required for preloaded route/ride
- New Bike Alarm – a theft deterrent that alerts you on your phone too.
“I think there’s a strong case to be made that the Edge 530 is Garmin’s best bike computer ever. Realistically – for $299 (R5999 in SA) – there’s nothing even close to this on the market. Even competitors $100 more can’t match these features.” – DC Rainmaker.