Inventor of SPD, the most widely used mountain bike pedal in the world, Shimano is also one of the leading cycling footwear brands, offering a wide range of shoes to suit all levels of rider. The top-of-the range XC9 just gained a new colour option and it’s a sign that the new normal isn’t going to be too bad. Check it out!
The choice of footwear gracing the feet of elite MTB stars just expanded with the release of a new colour version of Shimano’s top of the range model.
The unisex XC9 (SH-XC901) is made for the world of elite cross-country and cyclocross racing which demands that footwear is tough, durable and drains well to cope with conditions, yet is lightweight and stiff for peak power transfer.
The SH-XC901 is already available in blue, green and black. The new silver colour is available in standard fitting or wide fitting from sizes 36 to 48 (including half sizes from 37.5-46.5) and weighs 265g (size 42).
Stand out features include:
- Dual BOA® IP1 dials for micro adjustments and a race-fit upper to provide a glove-like fit
- Low stack height and external heel cup for foot stabilization
- Carbon fibre composite midsole and MICHELIN® outsole with anti-slip pattern and optional spikes for superior traction and power transfer.
- A cushioning and stability-enhancing high density cupped insole and adaptable arch pads to tune the shoe to your liking.
- SHIMANO DYNALAST technology which has a shoe last design with an optimized toe-spring section that promotes a smoother, more energy-efficient upstroke and helps reduce energy loss.
The XC9 is compatible with Shimano SPD cleats. It is available in its new silver colour from June 2020. For full pricing and availability please contact your local Shimano distributor/sales office. For more information see www.shimano.com.
Supplied by Shimano