We don’t always say it out loud, but most of us at some point have wished we were a pro mountain bike racer. Spend every day riding hot bikes on cool trails; have a coach test our ‘numbers’ and then create a training plan to help us be the best we can be. Get high quality cycling kit to wear for training and racing, drink quality coffee, tweet occasionally to give our sponsors a bit more return on investment. Ah, the dream job…
Well, if you’ve ever dreamed that; or even if you haven’t and are just reading this article because you’ve got a stirring about riding the Old Mutual joBerg2c, it’s your very lucky day…
Avis Van Rental, the logistics partner for Old Mutual joBerg2c, is making this dream a reality. But, just as with any pro, it requires commitment and your ability to sell yourself as an attractive ‘sponsorship property’. Will Avis Van Rental rent out more vehicles because of you? Hard to tell, but ultimately, that’s their goal, right?
So here’s what you can win:
- A team entry for two valued at R37 800. That’s not an error. This truly is a high-value race and the entry fee for a two-rider team in this fully catered nine-day race is R37 800.
- Eight sets of quality Avis Van Rental-branded kit (racing jerseys and bib-shorts to be worn during the race), four per rider, valued at R15 000.
- An Avis Van Rental team support safari vehicle (including fuel) with a dedicated driver for the duration of the event. The vehicle has a pop-up roof tent where you can get a good night’s sleep to ensure you’re recovered for the following day – just like the pros. The value of this is R20 000.
The total cash value of the Avis Van Rental Ride Like A Pro prize is R72 800. That excludes the life experience value you’ll gather from this rare opportunity, new friends you might make and any prize money you might win…
Ask any pro and they’ll confirm that nothing comes easy; and in order to stand a chance to win this amazing prize, you need to submit your CV. We aren’t all great writers, but that doesn’t mean you can’t tell us why you think you should win this entry. So in addition to your list of race highlight results, include a short story about why you feel you deserve this opportunity.
Don’t squirm and put this off because you’re not sure, or not a good communicator; share the responsibility with the person you’ll be partnering with. Compile this CV/entry together. Make it compelling, but don’t make it too long. Our judges have full-time jobs.
Because we’re a proudly South African event, we’re happy for you to write in your home language. The top five CVs/stories that win the judges over most will go into a draw. Only one of those five will be pulled from a helmet. That could be you and your buddy. That could be your life-altering moment. Feel free to add some photos if you think they’ll help your cause…
As the prizewinner, you and your teammate will have the opportunity to mix with the good people at Avis Van Rental and be ambassadors in the build up to the event, during the event and after the event, just like pro racers! You will also have to document your race experience that might be used in various forms of media, just like pro racers!
There are some terms and conditions:
- Both riders have to be 19 or older at the start of the race to enter
- Riders must submit a CV (the more colourful the better), to joBerg2c@avis.co.za with your best race results, aspirations and other info that could sway the judges.
- Riders must submit this CV before 31 December 2016
- The winner will be notified by 31 January 2017 (at the latest).
- The judges’ decision is final and no amount of bribery or badgering will get them to change it. Also, the prize is not exchangeable for cash.
- All costs related to the prizewinners preparing for the event as well as additional costs during the event are not included in this prize and are for the prizewinners’ own account, including transport to and from the start and finish.
For full Ts & Cs, and detailed competition info, head to: Terms & Conditions
Avis Van Rental has been one of the Old Mutual joBerg2c’s longest standing and biggest sponsors and this is it’s seventh year with the iconic event. It provides all the logistics support for the event, including the moving 1000 mattresses and 800 bags each day from village to village. For more on its excellent service offering for your needs, be they private or business, visit www.avisvanrental.co.za.